NOTICE TO ALL......
Re: KINVARA GAA MEMBERSHIP 2014
We are sending this letter inviting you to become a member of Kinvara GAA.
The GAA is the largest sporting organisation in the country and has a long history in this parish, with our club being formed in 1889. We are in an exciting period in our club with the highest number of playing members ever (over 400 between adult, juvenile and camogie). At present this huge number are being catered by one single pitch, which is why we are currently in the process of a New Pitch Development. We now own the extra 5 acres, and have recently submitted our grant application for the Government Sports Capital Funding. This new development will also have an extensive walking/jogging track, and the facilities are also available to over 800 school kids in the parish.
Full membership of Kinvara GAA has the following benefits:
1. Membership of the GAA itself.
2. Communication -we will keep you up to date on all upcoming fixtures, results and other news items via email on our weekly club newsletter. Also, once mobile contact is given, you will be included on all club group texts informing of any updates and news
3. Eligibility for All-Ireland Tickets – the Galway County Board has passed a new Bye-law stating that only club members can apply for All-Ireland tickets. From 2013 onwards, our club will only facilitate club members in these circumstances.
4. Use of facilities – if you are a member you are welcome to use our facilities - be it for jogging, running, or making a cup of tea during matches!
5. Special Club discounts – an example here would be last year when we organised bus and ticket for Leinster Final in Croke Park. This was made available at a reduced adult price.
6. Voting Rights at club AGM or EGM.
Note: to be eligible for items 3 and 6 above, then membership must be paid on or before 31st March 2014.
For 2014, our Full Adult (non-playing) Membership rate is €20. We are attaching a membership form to be filled out. Should you wish to become a member then please return this form and Membership fee by any of the following methods:
· Handed or Posted to Club Secretary Mick O’Hara, or any other club officer at the addresses noted above.
· Dropped in the pitch on our two Club Membership Days which are being held Sunday 16th Feb 2014 and Sunday 2nd Mar 2014, from 11:30am to 1:00pm.
· Dropped into collection box in Londis. Please ensure Form and Membership fee are together in a sealed envelope.
Please also note that membership can be paid online on our Website at www.kinvara.galway.gaa.ie
We hope you can consider our invitation, and we hope to see you up on in our pitch during the year!